Top
Top

Some dreams test us



The other day I watched the movie "The Words". I generally watch this kind of movies that have a more unusual plot. This one sounded interesting: "A writer at the peak of his literary success discovers the steep price he must pay for stealing another man's work". Besides, Bradley Cooper was in it. He is a good actor, sure, but most importantly, he has nice blue eyes.

The movie was touching, although the plot reveals quite a lot. I didn't mind. You could feel the pain and the anxiety of the characters. The movie touches on several issues in a person’s life.

First, the main character, Rory, played by Bradley Cooper, is struggling with the fact that he may never become a successful writer. His book is refused by several publishing houses.  His father tells him to take responsibility of his own life and get a real job.
I think all of us lived with this fear at some point that we may never get good enough at our job, that we may never feel completely fulfilled with what we do. We all feel insecure sometimes. Our career is a huge part of our life. It says a lot about who we are and we depend on it financially but also personally.  It is one aspect that proves us we are worth something. Regardless of our job, we seek accomplishments that would make us proud of ourselves.

What also makes us confident and happy is when the dear ones believe in us. Rory was let down by his father who no longer believed in his son’s talent. I don’t know whether we should judge him or not.  After all, he loved his son and wanted him to stop wasting any more time in case his talent is not so conspicuous. But then again, if not even your parents believe in you, then who should? It must feel really discouraging when your parents no longer have faith in you.

Then Rory, in his frustration and desperation, writes a novel that doesn't belong to him. Some dreams test us. The regret that comes afterwards changes his entire life. Regret consumes Rory. That brings us to another painful issue: Do you live with regrets? Or maybe there is nothing to regret in life because every action we took lead us somewhere where we couldn't arrive otherwise. Is it true that when a door closes, a window opens? I believe so. However, Rory’s regret is different. He comes face to face with the consequences of his actions.

So ladies, what do you think? Have you watched the movie? What other movies do you know that impressed you?


3 comments:

  1. "What also makes us confident and happy is when the dear ones believe in us." That is so true! Really nice post, I can't wait to see the movie! I really liked Inception!
    Kisses

    http://towearit.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!:* I liked Inception as well, in fact I love almost every movie Leondardo Di Caprio acts in.

      Delete
  2. great blog checkout my blog at
    http://definingwords.blogspot.com/2012/11/loving-and-caring.html
    don't be shy to leave a comment

    ReplyDelete

SearchBox

About me

About me

Welcome on my blog!

I am Luiza, a student in her twenties living in Aarhus (Denmark). Besides blogging, I love to travel, shop, laugh and watch TV series.

Founded in 2012, Ladylike is a blog that covers lifestyle, fashion, travel, healthy eating and relationships. The idea for this blog came when I realized I would love to have my own personal space where I could share my thoughts and experiences with other enthusiastic girls who are preocuppied by their looks and health. The blog is called Ladylike because I love being feminine. What can I say more?

Thank God I am a woman!


Social sites

I'm on:

Follow Me on Pinterest! Add Me! I am also on google+ RSS

Contact me

Contact me

I'm looking forward to reading e-mails from you! If you're interested in advertising or doing a sponsored post, please email me for rates and details. Thank you!

Drop a line at luizatheblogger@gmail.com.


Powered by Blogger.

Archive

Archive

Live Feed Traffic

Feed

Newsletter

Stay up to date with Ladylike!

ToateBlogurile.ro

jocuri888

BeaconAds

bloggers.com



Back To Top