I used to be a big fan of magazines when I was younger, Cosmopolitan being my favorite. I had no idea youtube tutorials and beauty blogs existed, so at that time magazines were a decent source of information. However, I slowly started to get bored of them and with reason.
1. First of all, the articles kept repeating themselves and they were very superficially written. For example, by the time the summer season arrived, there were tons of articles explaining how to get that dream body in a matter of weeks. Right, as if that would be all it takes, a couple of weeks and a juicer. :)
2. A lot of ads. More than half of the magazine is full of advertisement.
3. Many magazine articles focus on what changes to make in order to make a guy like you. There was always something along the lines, if you want a guy to notice you, wear red and a cleavage. How about being yourself, a charming and confident woman?
4. Magazines do not promote originality. It's all about trends and must haves.
5. Magazines are constantly promoting expensive beauty products and they make you believe it will do miracles for you and you can't sleep at night without them.
6. Many of the articles are simply not applicable in every day life. There is no real useful information in them, things that you would remember 10 minutes after finishing reading the magazine. Of course there are some exceptions, but in the majority of cases, the articles are not well researched and they do not contain in depth information.
7. Photoshop. I am not necessarily against Photoshop, however I am against too much Photoshop.
What do you think about magazines?
Welcome on my blog!
I am Luiza, a student in her twenties living in Aarhus (Denmark). Besides blogging, I love to travel, shop, laugh and watch TV series.
Founded in 2012, Ladylike is a blog that covers lifestyle, fashion, travel, healthy eating and relationships. The idea for this blog came when I realized I would love to have my own personal space where I could share my thoughts and experiences with other enthusiastic girls who are preocuppied by their looks and health. The blog is called Ladylike because I love being feminine. What can I say more?
Thank God I am a woman!
I'm looking forward to reading e-mails from you! If you're interested in advertising or doing a sponsored post, please email me for rates and details. Thank you!
Drop a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.